The new Doulton Ecofast housing...
This housing is Doulton's answer to all the quick-change heads and filters currently on the market. This one though has a difference. Instead of using disposable cartridges, the Ecofast is a quick-change housing designed to accept a new push-fit version of Doulton's existing ceramic filters. And since ceramic filter is the only part of the system that is replaced, plastic waste is reduced compared to equivalent systems using disposable plastic cartridges, hence the ‘eco' part of the name.
High performance with convenience!
The new EcoFast filter housing has convenient filter changeover features to make changing your ceramic filter the most simple of tasks.
Installation couldn't be simpler with the following features:
- Compact, stylish design to fits discretely under the kitchen counter
- Mounting bracket integrated into housing head
- All necessary mounting fixings supplied with every housing
- 3/8” push fittings integrated into the head for rapid connection to the water supply and giving good flow rates for domestic use
You'll only need to change your Doulton® water filter once every 6 months, but when you do it couldn't be simpler! Quarter turn of housing body automatically shuts off the water supply
- Body of filter housing can be moved to a more convenient position, usually over the sink, to avoid spillages
- Ceramic filter is quickly removed and replaced means of convenient push-fit candle mount
- The full range of Doulton® ceramic filters shall be available for use with the EcoFast housing including Sterasyl™, Supercarb™ and Ultracarb™ grades
Can be used in conjunction with any of our 3 Way Taps, Long Reach Faucets or Franke Taps.
One of the major benefits of ceramic filters is that the tiny micron rating achieved means that bacteria are too large to fit through the pores in the filter's outer shell. Doulton also incorporate silver dust into their ceramics and through the antibacterial properties of silver, this ensures the bacteria dies where it is trapped.
The Sterasyl™ ceramic is fitted with an activated carbon block insert to produce the Supercarb™ filter element. Among other things, activated carbon is very effective at removing chlorine and organics from water. Supercarb™ is designed to be used in pressure filters (on a mains water supply), not in gravity filters.
Supercarb™ has all the benefits of Sterasyl™ (removal of particles, pathogenic bacteria, cysts etc.) with additional chlorine and organics removal capabilities.