The Sterilight Silver Series from Viqua (formerly R-Can).
Ideally suited for point of use water treatment to kill bacteria (including coliform and e.coli), viruses, cryptosporidium, giardia, and a wide range of other microbiological contaminants. The larger Silver Series models, specifically the S5Q-PA, S8Q-PA, and S12Q-PA, can also be used for whole house applications where an economical unit with an average array of features is required.
UV water treatment is an excellent choice to eliminate biological contamination from most home drinking water, whether your home is on a municipal water system or untreated private water system (well, lake water, rain water harvesting etc.). Sterilight Silver Ultraviolet water disinfection is equally at home providing sanitisation to small commercial applications. Its sole purpose is to kill harmful biological contaminants, and therefore should always be combined with other forms of filtration (GAC / carbon block, KDF, or reverse osmosis) for reduction of heavy metals, chlorine, VOC's, and other chemical contaminants.
- S2Q flow rate is 11 l.p.m - single outlets
- S5Q flow rate is 22 l.p.m - small houses
- S8Q flow rate is 38 l.p.m - large houses
- S12Q flow rate is 57 l.p.m - guest houses, hotels etc
- NEW electronic "ICE" ballasts featuring open loop current control (patent pending), ballast features audible alarm & power-on indicator - also includes lamp life countdown indication
- hard glass, low pressure mercury vapour lamps with high isolation pin design
- compact design incorporating 304 stainless steel reactor chambers,
- brilliantly polished for laboratory or medical applications
- easy servicing - no need to disconnect water flow to change UV lamp
- 99.99% destruction of bacteria, virus, and protozoan cysts (Giardia lamblia & cryptosporidium) at rated flow
- seven year warranty on reactor chamber for unparalelled protection
- product certified by CSA (C US) and CE